I know this is a little early, but I wanted to take a moment and thank God for my mom. She is so wonderful and thoughtful and sweet. I had to have had one of the best childhoods ever. I was very spoiled and pretty much a "daddy's girl" , but I have always felt that I had a great relationship with my mom. One thing that my parents (and my grandparents) always stressed to me that if I was ever in trouble or ever needed them for anything they were always there. And they always have been there for me. Tori had to interview one of her parents this week for school. She chose to interview me, and one of the questions was: What is your favorite childhood memory? I have so many of them, it was hard to decide. One of my fondest memories was going to Disney World for the first time. I think I was around 7 or 8. I had such a great time and thought it was so neat that my parents bought me an autograph book and I got autographs from all the Disney Characters. My other favorite memory was getting a cabbage patch doll for Christmas one year. It was the first year they came out and they were really hard to find, and I got one!! I was so excited.
I have had many, many great childhood memories, but I have to say that the most important memories were the ones of my parents taking me to church and even of my mom instructing me in the Lord. My mom has such a way of making things sound so simple, even when they are hard. Those are the irreplaceable memories that will last for eternity. My mom showed me through her actions how real God was and how to serve him. I saw her go through difficult times and always keep her faith strong. I have tried to live by her wonderful example and have many times failed, but at least I have her guidline to strive for. I only hope that I can show my children, God in me, as my mom has shown me.
So, thanks mom for all you have done and all you do. Thanks for listening to me whine and cry, for giving me godly advice when needed, showing me how to be a obedient Pastor's wife, how to work for God, how to be a christian, helping me raise my kids...thanks for everything!!! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment