Do you ever worry about things? Do you ever have one of those days where it seems you are concerned about your family, your well being? Or just going through something and your not sure what the answer is? While you are waiting on God's wisdom, you are still worried. That has been my feeling this whole week. Then I stumbled across some notes that I took a few weeks ago from a message my husband preached. I really needed this today. So I thought I would share this with you. Maybe someone else has a week like mine. Here are the notes I took on a message about Peace.
*Peace is a stedfast calmness in the face of difficulties.
*In the middle of difficulties is where opportunities arise.
Psalm 29:11 (Amplified) The Lord will give you (unyielding and impenetrable) strength to his people, the Lord will bless his people with peace.
*The Lord will bless us with his peace.
Romans 5 1THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
2Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God's favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
3Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
*We must first have Faith before we can have Peace. Without Faith we have no Peace.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; My (own) peace I now give bequeath you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Don't let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid (stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.)
*The peace of God is more powerful than anything that comes my way!
*It's your choice. God gave his peace to us and its up to us to use it!
*If you lose your peace, you lose your victory.
*Faith comes first, second comes peace, third comes your breakthrough or your victory!!
Romans 15:13 May the God of your hope so fill you with all the joy and peace in believing (through the experience of your faith) that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.
*It is impossible to have Faith and live in turmoil.
(This one is my favorite!)
Phillipians 4:6 Do not fret or have anxiety over anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definate request) with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
*What I enjoy today is a result of what I put in my life yesterday.
*The Peace of God rises above everything that is attacking you!
*If you want peace you must control your thoughts. Think on things that are pure.
*If you want peace you must get rid of all offences in your life. Don't be offended at your brother or sister. Most of the time they don't even know you've been offended by them. It only hurts you and not the person who offended you.
As I read over these notes, I realized that if I look at my circumstances through God's eyes and not mine- they have a whole new prospective. God looks at my problems and says, "Oh, there's a way I can show my glory! There's a way I can show my miracle working power in there life!" Because when God does it no one can deny that God is God! I never really thought about the fact that if my Faith in God is strong then my Peace is strong. It is so true...I need faith to have peace. My worries are not worth worrying about...your worries are not worth worrying about! God is in control and he will deliver me out of my touble. I will not back down. I will carry on with God's work. I am so thankful for God's peace. Where in your life do you need God's peace?
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment