We are so proud of Tori!!! The Adams County Children's Services has a Banquet every year to honor students who have gone above and beyond for a "Kids Who Care" award. Tori was nominated by her 2nd grade teacher for this award. There were around nine students from her school who won this award. Tori's teacher explained that she is caring and loving to all other students and would do without to make sure someone wasn't left out. That she is a great student and does things throughout her community to help pthers. We are so proud of you Tori!! Matt and I took Tori to this breakfast banquet and she received her award while they read the letter from her teacher explaining why she was nominating her. It was so nice to see that Tori takes to heart the things that she learns.A few months ago Tori had her 8th birthday and she received some money for her birthday. We have always tried to teach her that whatever money she earns or receives that she should give 10% to God and save 10% as well and then spend the rest as she wishes. Tori came to me after her birthday and said I think I want to give all my birthday money to God! I couldn't believe it. We had never told her to do that. After she saved her 10%, she gave the rest of the money to Children's Church in the offering!! I think she ended up giving around $54.00. To us that may not be a lot of money but to Tori it was all she had. I am so thnkful that she is already learning the benefits to giving to God! I know that she will truly be blessed for doing this! Tori is a special girl and I thank God everyday for her!

No comments:
Post a Comment